I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the sort of girl who reaches for a dress first thing in the morning. I do love wearing dresses, no matter the occasion, but if I’m just working from home, running errands, or catching up with friends in a coffee shop, leggings and a t-shirt create my go-to outfit. However, if I find a dress that’s as comfortable and natural as leggings and t-shirts, I’m all in.
For this post, I’m working with a cute boutique called Saved by the Dress based in Miami. They offer an incredible collection of reasonably priced dresses for all occasions – I was even reading how a few girls have found their dream wedding dress on the website. And while I wasn’t in the market for a fancy dress, their casual line caught my attention.
I ordered this casual, striped dress thinking it would be a fun dress for photos, good for church, and versatile for any occasion… but little did I know I would be slipping on a whole new perspective on comfortable dresses.
So here’s what happened:
- Tuesday – Got the dress in the mail (just 2 days after I ordered it!)
- Wednesday morning – took the dress out of the bag, steamed it, hung it up
- Wednesday lunch – took the dress off the hanger, put it on, styled it with a bandanna scarf, and the loveliest pair of booties (also from Saved by the Dress)
- Wednesday afternoon – took to a new local coffee shop to shoot photos
- Wednesday evening – had yet to take the dress off
It was easy. Simple. Comfy. Stylish. And I felt like myself.
A couple things to note about the fit:
- It’s baggy. I mean, very baggy and comfy and wonderful.
- BUT! You don’t lose your shape in it. Baggy dresses often overwhelm me, but this one looked like the appropriate amount of loose.
- If you’re 5’8″ or taller this may come a wee bit too short on you.
I already know it will carry me through most seasons. I can’t see myself wearing it in the winter months, but definitely with a mustard cardigan and boots or loafers for fall and denim jacket and mules for the spring.
If you’re on the lookout for some great quality, versatile dresses visit Saved by the Dress and let me know how you style your next purchase!