It has made my heart happy to see so many people wanting to shop small this holiday season. I truly believe that supporting small businesses – locally owned, women owned, black owned – is the best way to shop for gifts! I wanted to do my part and highlight some of my personal favorite small businesses and a few products that have integrated into my home and routine this past year.
If you're looking for a Christmas gift for a loved one, friend, significant other, or even just a gift this year or next, here are some suggestions of items and shops to keep on your list.
Fashion & Beauty
- Sundays – a beautiful, non-toxic brand of nail polish that is safe to use, and very durable. I have No. 17 and it's the perfect shade of red!
- Mila and Grey – an online boutique with a darling collection of clothing for women
- Becalia Botanicals – Becalia Botanicals merges beauty and culture, intentionally creating products to keep memories of Mexico, tradition, and legacy alive.
- Portland Leather Goods – their totes rival anything Madewell can make and you're supporting a small shop too! I have this one and literally use it every single day.
- Grayson – makers of the softest and coziest button down shirts for women. I have two and just won a giveaway for their Liquid Flannel that just sounds like the loveliest thing ever.
- Make My Daisies – another GVL business/maker coming through with cozy knits for the whole family. Yes please to all the knit beanies!
- Simply Made Earrings – neutral and classic, this Etsy shop makes the cutest clay earrings that would make the perfect stocking stuffer!
- Clay and Fern Co – vintage and handmade items from earrings to pots. They're re-opening their shop at 6pm this evening and have some great sales starting soon!
Home & Lifestyle
- Shop Southern Cities – I shared about this shop here, but wanted to share them again. They're a perfect small gift to add to a larger
- Local Stature – a Greenville based business specializing in location-based wooden maps, ornaments, signs, and coasters. Makes the best gift for anyone who just moved or loves their hometown or state.
- White Spruce Market – beautifully curated gift boxes for everyone on your list
- Lindberg Candles – hand poured, non toxic candles that smell so delightful. We've gotten the Cabin and Ember scent in the past and they make the perfect gift!
- Lily and Val – the prints and cards in this shop are my FAVORITE!! This one I have my eye on this year.
- Barvarican – the best accessories for your Kitchen Aid mixer. Designed and built in Greenville, this husband and wife duo have created an ingenious solution to storing and moving heavy kitchen appliances. We have the corner counter float and have gifted it to moms in the past. It's truly a gift that keeps on giving.
Food & Drink
- Truff Hot Sauce – if you like a little heat with your holiday meals this black/white truffle hot sauce would make the perfect stocking stuffer!
- Brightland Olive Oil – you could buy normal olive oil, but where's the fun in that? Honestly, food gifts may be the greatest gifts of them all and this olive is a beautiful way to gift deliciousness this holiday season.
- Methodical Coffee + Roasters – our famous coffee shop and roasting facility roasts and sells coffee and it's as good as everyone says!
- Delicious Cookies and More – a Simponville local baker that makes delicious sweet treats the whole family will enjoy.