I'm not one to go OTT for seasonal decorating (note: holiday/Christmas is in a whole other category). We work hard to accumulate furniture and accents that we love all on their own - I see no reason to hide them behind Easter bunnies or St. Patrick's Day shamrocks.
And because minimal/neutral describes my style for pretty much every other area of my life, it also seeps into our home decor, especially during the fall season.
Today's post is dedicated to the curation of fall-appropriate home accents, where to find them, and how to style them throughout your home.
5 Elements of Minimal Fall Decor
- Candles – even if you're fully against decorating for the seasons, candles in the fall are the ultimate room-making element. Spaces turn infinitely more cozy with the addition of candles – exactly what you'd hope for when the weather turns chilly. And most importantly I don't discriminate against types and shapes. Bring on all the pillars and tapers and 3-wick candles!
- Nature-based elements – fall is known for it's natural beauty: changing leaves and drying fields, pinecones and pumpkins galore. These elements are beautiful in their own way, so of course I'm going to incorporate them into my home. If you're not into foraging, pre-dried or faux versions work just fine!
- Wrought iron – I think wrought iron elements are beautiful all year long, but they fit so perfectly into fall decor I like to pull them out this time of the year. Some of my favorite wrought iron pieces are candle holders, lanterns, and plant stands. Black is such a grounding color that it works very well with the lighter neutrals of fall.
- Natural vessels – think pottery, iron, and wood. We've slowly been collection pieces of pottery for our collection of dishes and they blend perfectly with the other natural elements of fall decor.
- Cozy textiles – textiles for fall is probably my favorite thing to buy. Knits, wools, quilts all come out en force in the fall and add so much to a space. Search for throw blankets and throw pillows to spruce up your living room and bedroom even if you're not convinced about the other fall decor tips.
Where to Shop for Affordable Fall Decor
- Christmas Tree Shops
- Hobby Lobby
- Zara Home