Sometimes in the summer water just doesn't cut it. I'm all about hydration – my water bottles go wherever I do – but every now and again with a fun summer meal everyone needs to mix up their go-to drink choices.
Iced tea is always good as is lemonade, but when the situation calls for something with a bit more of a change, this easy summer refresher is the perfect drink to make for a group or bring to a party.
Cucumber Lime Refresher
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lime
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- sparkling water ( if you want to get a flavor, lime is great!)
How to Make a Cucumber Lime Refresher
- Peel your cucumber then cut up into quarters
- Use the palm of your hand to roll your lime back and forth on the counter to get the juices flowing, then quarter your lime
- Wash your mint leaves
- In a jar or glass add the cucumber, lime, mint and a teaspoon of sugar
- Muddle the ingredients together until the cucumber and lime release their juices
- In a separate cup add your ice
- Strain your cucumber, lime, mint mixture into the cup with ice
- Top off with sparkling water
- Add a lime wedge and mint sprig for garnish
*a full cucumber and lime will make 4 drinks. Adjust accordingly.